Labels

Monday, 19 March 2012




My name is April Leckie I have just completed year thirteen at Heretaunga College. Throughout my eighteen years I have been attracted to all types of technology, including computer technology, design programs and applications.  With my friends and family in Upper Hutt the decision to attend Victoria University was the most appealing choice for me.  I chose to do a BDI at Vic (majoring in Media Design and minoring in Computer Science) because it offered courses best suited to what I want to do.

I want to go to design school because I have a passion for creating and developing new and exciting things for other people to use and appreciate. At college I have created simple interactive web pages, and attended a basic course at Natcoll on web design which I really enjoyed. These experiences have really captured my imagination and given me a desire to gain knowledge and develop it into a career in web or game design. I love creating things, and showing other people my ideas through the use of Photoshop and other computer programs, as well as drawing (though I haven’t done much in the way of art at school, so much of what I am learning in the design courses is new to me).

My inspiration in the design field has come from ‘indie’ game developers such as 2D Boy and Mojang. Neither developer was well known, but created games from creative ideas with huge success. They are proof that you don’t have to be a big company to make a difference. I want to show that an individual can be just as successful if they have the creativity to design something that hasn’t been done before, something that will change the way people think, while giving me an exciting career.

No comments:

Post a Comment