Labels

Wednesday, 22 August 2012

DSDN 104: Richard Sweeny (Precedents)

Richard Sweeney is a designer who works with folding paper. On his website I found some interesting and inspirational models he has done, and am looking at trying out some of his methods.

 Click here to go to the page on his website.

I found this one particularly interesting. Even if I don't end up using the folding technique, the way the paper flows down is really interesting, and is a good example to base possible acrylic twisting off




The slotting or 'slice form' technique used in this piece is also interesting, though I don't think it will work well for my model, because of the thin 'ribbony' parts I have. 



I really like the flowing style of this building, it is similar to the style of flowing I am looking at putting in my model.




No comments:

Post a Comment