Labels

Wednesday, 26 September 2012

DSDN 104: Precedent Images

when I fisrt searched for precendents, I looked up 'Patterns in nature', and foound a lot of really interesting patterns, mostly in animal coats and patterns in sand, rivers and dried mud. I also found some pictures of butterfly wings with interesting patterns on them, so I decided to narrow down my searches, and focus more specifically on them.


Some of my origial precedent ideas.













 I have been looking at butterfly wings, as I find the patterns on the wing really interesting. Each butterfly wing is unique, but they all have a pattern than almost matches up. 






Left: This image is a magnified view of a butterfly wing under a microscope. I could make an interesting texture.


I plan on using some sort of stacking technique which could also let me include the details on the underside of the butterfly wings.











No comments:

Post a Comment