Labels

Wednesday, 12 September 2012

DSDN 104:Testing

I have tried a few techiniques, such as stacking, folding and slotting. The most effective techiniues was definately slotting, and it is the tecihnique i will use in my final model. Folding didn't work well with the card we re using, as it is too thick and it ends up getting creases and not folding/staying at the right angles. Stacking din't work as my model has too many parts that are not connected to the main body of the model, and instead come off it in ribbons.

This model is a quick mock up of the general shape of my final model

Testing the folding technique, This technique didn't work as the folded card ended up looking very messy. It would also be difficult to get the shape I want.



The slotting technique is the one I will be using, as it is the most effective way of keeping the different parts together.

No comments:

Post a Comment