Labels

Wednesday, 26 September 2012

DSDN 104: Sketches

These are some of my sketches for ideas in DSDN 104.



I am thinking of having many layers in my model, each with a small part of the pattern of a butterfly wing on it. These parts would look like a random line pattern when looked at from most angles, but when observed at the right angle they would resemble a butterfly wing pattern.


I am also considering making models of all of the different stages of movement the wing goes through during flight. These different stages would be attached together at one end, and would give the illusion of movement. I have been looking at videos of butterfly flight in slow motion to try and get an idea of what the model would look like.

I was also thinking of having a layering system that would involve each layer looking the same except for an engraved or painted part of a butterfly wing pattern. This method might not work as well because of the small size of the model. If the model is very small, it will be difficult to paint. ink small parts of the model, and it will be difficult to see the effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment